Tuesday, July 29, 2014

LIVE THE DREAM or perish

Good morning!

Hope all are well.  Kicking off day two's post... I have a lot to discuss but not sure how much I'll cover. 

As you know, this blog is about a pursuit of happiness.  For me that means dumping the traditional employer dependent lifestyle and finding my own path  to make ends meet.

This is much more exciting.  Each time I realize I have to somehow produce income for survival I push harder and am more and more motivated to succeed.  I feel alive.  How long will this feeling last I wonder?

Earlier I had a discussion with my best friend and uncle about this.  He explained that things may not always be as exciting, especially in the early stages.  He had a point.  While I believe it's important to keep a positive attitude and the goal in sight, I should be mindful that this lifestyle will probably be very difficult initially.  Especially considering that I'm not exactly starting off with a ton of money (or much at all.)  I have to remember that I probably haven't seen anywhere near the worst of things.

At least right now, the excitment of it is enough to sustain me. 

So what's the plan?  At the moment, I have a very basic plan.  Increase knowledge, be opportunistic, network, keep an open mind, be solution oriented, hustle, hustle, hustle, etc.  Basically, I'm looking for any legititmate means of gaining income.

Currently, I'm offereing miscellaneous services on Craigslist, Fiverr, social networks, and other sites.  I'm also doing research about how to create opportunities to increase income.  There are a ton of sites and blogs online on this.

Lucky for me, I have experience Field Organizing for the President of the United States.  I gained a lot of valuable experience namely, how to solve problems and fast.

It's tough sometimes because I'm sort of "ADD" and seem to get easily distracted.  When you're responsible for figuring out how to produce your own income, there is no time to waste I'm discovering.  I have to constantly remind myself to stay focused.  No time for T.V. or anything that's keeping me from gaining something that can be put to good use.

This experience is also reminding me how valuable every resources is and the importance of quality relationships.  Everyone is working to survive and most to thrive.  We all need each other at some point in our lives right?

I'll conclude this post with today's plan.  I'll be working on organizing a yard sale (another way to come by some quick cash).  It's hard work, but it's a great way to get the mental and physical juices going.  Little projects like this will be helpful in raking in some extra income. 

I wasn't able to cover everything, but that will have to do for now.  Please offer your thoughts.

And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing on Facebook or Twitter below.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Having a yard sales is a quick and easy way to come up with some cash, and most people probably have stuff laying around that could be sold. It will free up some space as well. That's a good start to getting things going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I sense you have some idea of what it takes to get the ball rolling. Any other suggestions?

      Delete