Thursday, August 14, 2014

2 Days Until Yardsale!

The yard sale is just around the corner, and there is still much to do.  You may recall from my earlier post, "LIVE THE DREAM or perish" that I discussed having a garage or yard sale was a good way to make some extra cash.  Of course, I've been looking for the quickest ways to make  money.  However, hosting a yard sale takes at least a couple weeks to prepare.

In my particular situation, I had to figure out where to get enough merchandise to host one since I really don't own a whole lot of extra merchandise to sell.  I ended up with a decent pile of stuff to part with, but I needed more for a yard sale.  I decided to check with family to see if they were interested.  They were.

Once it was clear that they were down for the cause, I started planning for the event.  I have never hosted or even been a part of a yard sale before so I new I would have to do some research.  The first thing I did was google "how to host a yard sale" and started reading some basic articles/blogs about it.  Once I had the basic gist of what was required, I started planning.

First, I found out how many family members would be participating and when they could do so.  Everyone agreed that the best time to do it would be three weeks from that day which ended up being July the 26th  to August 16th.

Next, I created a list via an app called Wunderlist of things I needed to do such as gather supplies, advertise, etc.

Here is a screenshot from my phone:



Then I refined my plan by addressing each of the items listed here and others.  Here's what it looked like:



At first, for personal reasons, I wanted to complete as many of the items on my list as possible the first week.  Actually, all of the reasons weren't personal.  I also just wanted to get ahead as much as possible and leave plenty of room for the unexpected.  With my family depending on me for leadership, I also wanted to impress them by planning ahead and being as organized as possible so that everything runs smoothly come game day.

Well, two days before the event, I still have 4 major items to go!  I'll be hustling for sure : )  Looking forward to the challenge though.


No comments:

Post a Comment